Kanchanjunga Trekking is getting popular these days among nature enthusiasts. Trekking route around Kanchanjunga National Park start from Pemayangtse and run through terraced fields of barely and tablelands of apple orchards, then onto mossladen ludh green forest of pines, firs, giant magnolias, rhododendrons, spruce and orchids- a naturalists paradise. You will encounter with the crystal clear streams running through the lap of Himalayas, clouds of butterflies and moths- sparking fluttering and displaying their dazzling color and personality. Intermingled with this is the chirrup, twitter and peeping of exotic Himalayan birds. Your patience and pains on climbing on is rewarded with the spectacular views of Sikh Himalayas Kanchenjunga, Pandim, Jopono and Narsing are some of the peaks appearing in the background to the scene. Looming up in the north is the legendary and mythical- Country God of sikkim and Five Treasures- the guardian of the whole world, in all its celestial height and glory. On either side of the majestic mountain are other peaks of smaller stature, an almost supernatural vision of ethereal beauty incomparable in the whole world. You will gaze on a sheer slope of mountainside some 6705 meters in depth, a gigantic mass of the earth surface whose foot lies in deep gorges while the summit pierces the skies. Sunrise and sunset view on these mountains are not to be missed. It is a raw adventure at its best where the visitor is taken into the realm of towering mountain peaks directly above and camp is set amidst the view of high mountain glacier
This 12-day trek including one rest day, to Goecha La takes you up-close for a spectacular view of the mighty Kanchenjunga amidst a majestic panorama of the other Himalayan peaks. This is undisputed the most popular trek route in Sikkim. After the finishing point of your trek you will move early in the morning and return back to Yuksom by air route or by road. Finally an unforgettable trek came to an end and all travelogues have enjoyed wonderful experience.
|Day 01: Pemayangtse (2082m)- Yuksom (1780m)|
|Day 02: Yuksom- Bakhim (2743m)|
|Day 03: Bakhim- Dzongri (4030m)|
|Day 04: Dzongri- Thangsing (3800m)|
|Day 05: Thangsing- Chemangthang (4800m)|
|Day 06: Chemangthang- Goecha- La (5486m)- Chemangthang|
|Day07-12: Chemanthang-Thangsing-Dzongri-Bakhim-Yuksom- Tashiding (1470m) Legship ( 520m)|
Day 01: Pemayangtse (2082m)- Yuksom (1780m)
35km by jeep and 16km by trekking. Takes 6 to 8 hours. Gives glimpses of Sikkemese life, historical events and a good acclimatization.
Day 02: Yuksom- Bakhim (2743m)
6 hours trekking.
The trail offers plenty of opportunity to see the rich flora and fauna of Sikhkim
Day 03: Bakhim- Dzongri (4030m)
Eight kilometers and 6 hours trekking. You will pass by grazing yaks and sheep, Tibetan Resettlement center. From Deorali Danda, the meeting place of men and mountains- of god and nature offers the awesome views of Sikh Mountains and peaks. The legendary Kanchanjunga becomes closer and closer.
Day 04: Dzongri- Thangsing (3800m)
7 kilometers and four hours trek. The trail goes through meadows and valleys, surrounded on all sides by massive mountains. A beautiful stream pierces the forest and presents an enchanting scene.
Day 05: Thangsing- Chemangthang (4800m)
8 kilometers and 6 hours trek towards mighty Kanchanjunga.
Day 06: Chemangthang- Goecha- La (5486m)- Chemangthang
5 kilometer away but a good 3 hours trek steep up brings you to the Goecha La (pass), the north most and the highest point of the route. Kanchenjunga appears right in the front as if you can embrace. The views and surroundings are just great. You will retrace your way back to Chemanthang for camping.
Day 07-12: Chemanthang-Thangsing-Dzongri-Bakhim-Yuksom- Tashiding (1470m) Legship ( 520m)
From Legship you will drive to Darjeeling or Gangtok or Kalimpong.
- Pickups and drops from hotels and airports
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary by private vehicles
- All entrance and permit fees for visits to monuments and museums
- Services of English speaking, trained and experienced staff including Tour guide, trekking guide(leader),
- Guides and porters including insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Porter services for trekking
- All necessary paper work; trekking permits
- Good quality Tents and Kitchen utensils for camping
- Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, Plan Holidays Trekking duffel bag, t-shirt, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- Medical kit
- Travel and rescue arrangements
- Company services and all required government taxes/royalties
- International airfare
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, -shower, heater, etc.)
- Personal climbing equipment
- Personal climbing guide if requested
- Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
- Tips for guides and porters