Koshi Tappu wildlife Tour
Koshi Tappu is s a protected area covering 175 km2 which is Located in Saptari and Sunsari districts in eastern Nepal. The Koshi Tappu Wildlife Tour covers the vast expanse of Koshi River with its blue waters and lush jungle areas on both sides, and is a favorite spot for bird enthusiasts. The activities that are carried out in the packages are ELEPHANT BACK SAFARI, DUG OUT CANOING, NATURE WALKS, JEEP SAFARIES, THARU CULTURE SHOW, BIRDWATCHING, and TIGER SIGHT HUNTING depending upon the duration of the stays in the Park. These activities, during your tour are very interesting and they will help to make your holidays stimulant. The Tour is ideal for all nature lovers seeking peace within a paradise of nature. Octobers to April is the best season to explore in Koshi Tappu wildlife Reserve. For migratory bird this area is extremely important. Koshi Tappu Wildlife Tour is termed as an interesting and amazing place where you can take the pleasure by sitting on the back of elephant and stroll around reserved area.
- Bicycle tour around the village, beautifully decorated homes and cultural style are delightful.
- Jungle walk along the belts of the Koshi River, The river lagoons and wetlands provide excellent opportunity to sight bird life, deer and herds of water buffaloes.
- Jungle Safari, to watch wildlife. Enjoy elephant ride to watch Arna, the wild water buffalo, blue bull, hog deer, fishing. Explore around park.
- Bird watch program inside the reserve in the scrub forest, grasslands and wetland habitat with lunch packs to see swamp partridge, black necked stork, buntings, bulbuls.
- Excursion on boat with naturalist to view some of the water birds ;see waders, waterfowl, birds of prey, marsh crocodile, otters, wild water buffalo.
- Short drive to the koshi barrage to view some bird life and fresh water dolphins.
|Day 01:||Bicycle tour around the village|
|Day 02:||Jungle walks|
|Day 03:||Elephant ride or jungle safari|
|Day 04:||Bird watching|
|Day 05:||Departure after boat ride|
Day 01: Bicycle tour around the village.
After Breakfast starts your bicycle tour around the village, Local bikes are available for you to explore the local village, with or without a guide. Tharus live here. Visit unique village settlements. They have their unique way of living; it is untouched by the western world. Their beautifully decorated homes and cultural style are delightful. With the help of Koshi Tappu Wildlife Camp, this Tharu village is plastic-free. Click photographs and enjoy the scenario. Overnight at Resort/camp.
Day 02: Jungle walks.
Start walks to jungle along the belts of the Koshi River; part of the Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is known for its richness in birds and other animal species. The river lagoons and wetlands provide excellent opportunity to sight bird life, deer and herds of water buffaloes. Overnight at Resort/camp.
Day 03: Elephant ride or jungle safari
After the Breakfast enjoy the Jungle safari to watch wildlife. This is the fastest way to explore the park, allowing you to journey deep into the jungle. You visit some of the best viewing towers and you go off-road in a four-wheel drive vehicle for an unforgettable safari experience. Optionally Enjoy elephant ride to watch Arna, the wild water buffalo, blue bull, hog deer, fishing etc. Overnight at Resort/camp.
Day 04: Bird watching
After Breakfast Start your bird watch program inside the reserve in the scrub forest, grasslands and wetland habitat with lunch packs to see swamp partridge, black necked stork, buntings, bulbuls etc. In the afternoon you can either continue Birding all along the dam of the Koshi River and the area of Pink Tower crossing the Koshi Barrage. Overnight at resort/camp.
Day 05: Departure after boat ride
Today you will set out for excursion on boat with naturalist to view some of the water birds; see waders, waterfowl, birds of prey, marsh crocodile, otters, wild water buffalo and Short drive to the koshi barrage to view some bird life and fresh water dolphins. After finished your Boat ride, you departure for Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel.
- Transportation from and to Kathmandu as per itinerary.
- All Safari Activities. -All Jungle activities -Accommodations while safari including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Highly experienced Government licensed safari guide during the trip.
- Government / Local taxes, Tourist service charge, guide insurance and salary, national park and conservation area fees.
- Jungle Activities guide and required staffs with vehicle Cost
Any type of personal expenditure such Alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone, and laundry.
- Food & accommodation cost in case of any natural accident caused by weather.
- Tips, Gratuities and expenditure.
- Rescue & insurance such as travel, cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal effects.
- International airfares. International Airport Departure Tax.